The best protection a person can give to themselves is that of no fear. It is easy to understand why a person would be in fear, especially if the person is not familiar with the paranormal side and not understanding "what" is it that is going on around them or/and to them. Try to remain calm for fear on some cases gives strength. We, KBLPR, always start with an opening prayer to an investigation and we do a closing prayer when the investigation is complete. Here are a few protection prayers:
01. "Father God, please send your Holy Angels to stand guard over me today (tonight). I pray that they will minister to me and remind me of your healing power. Lord please keep me safe from the evil one and strengthen me against all temptations that may come my way. Thank You Lord, in the name of Jesus Christ, I pray, Amen." (based on Psalm 91)
02. "Lord God, please surround me with favor as with a shield today. Lord, please strengthen your wall of protection around me, keeping me safe from temptation of the flesh, tricks of the Adversary, and all harm. Lord, please fill my thoughts with Your thoughts and let my words be your words. You are my strength, my shield and my defense, O Lord. Thank You, Lord, in Jesus name I pray, Amen." (based on Psalm 5:12 & Psalm 7:10)
We have found that reciting Psalm 91 as a prayer prior to going to bed each night has helped in establishing God's protective hedge over our homes and families.
The Blood of Jesus Christ is a powerful weapon for protection from the enemy's attacks. You can visit our page about the
Blood of Christ for more info about it. The following prayer is a good one to pray before starting the day:
03. "Lord, I cover myself and everyone around me with the blood of Jesus. I cover all of the members of my family (call them by name) with the blood of Jesus. I cover my home, my land, my car, my finances, my marriage, my ministry, with the blood of Jesus. In the Name of Jesus Christ, by the power of His blood, I break off every power of the kingdom of darkness and cancel every argument in heaven that has established itself against the plans of God in my life and spoil every attack of the enemy. I call forth, in the name of Jesus, all of God's plans and purposes for my life, and my family. As for me and my house, we shall serve the Lord. Satan, the blood of Jesus is against you and you have no authority over my life. NO WEAPON FORMED AGAINST ME (OR MY FAMILY) SHALL PROSPER!" (borrowed from Benny Hinn Ministries)
Asking God to move against satan and other evil forces: When praying against the activities of evil, take care to pray for the salvation of any people that are being used by the enemy.
04. "Father God, I ask that You will send Your forces out to drive back the enemies of Christ that are working in this situation.
Your Word says that the adversaries of the Lord shall be broken in pieces; from heaven He will thunder against them. Lord, I pray that you would break your enemies in pieces in Your perfect timing, and bring salvation, restoration and healing to all people who are involved." (Based on 1 Samuel 2:10)
05. "To You, O Lord, I lift up my soul. O my God, I trust in You; let me not be ashamed; Let not my enemies triumph over me. Consider my enemies, for they are many; and they hate me with cruel hatred. Keep my soul, and deliver me; let me not be ashamed for I put my trust in You. In Jesus Christ, Amen" (based on Psalm 25:1-2, 19-20 NKJV)
06. "Plead my cause, O Lord, with those who strive with me; fight against those who fight against me. Take hold of shield and buckler, and stand up for my help. Also draw out the spear and stop those who pursue me. Say to my soul, "I am your salvation." Let those be put to shame and brought to dishonor who seek after my life; let those be turned back and brought to confusion who plot my hurt. Let them be like chaff before the wind, and let the angel of the Lord chase them. Let their way be dark and slippery, and let the angel of the Lord pursue them. In Jesus Christ, Amen" (based on Psalm 35:16 NKJV)
07. "Lord God, I ask you to move against the forces of evil. I invite You to act in Your mighty power in this situation. Throw the enemy forces into confusion and frustrate their counsel. I pray that they will not prosper in all their schemes of rebellion against You and Your people. I pray that the financial support of these evildoers will erode away as long as they do evil in Your sight. I pray that You will turn their hearts to Yourself and draw them unto Your salvation in Jesus Christ. Thank You Father. In Jesus Christ, Amen"
08. "Heavenly Father, I ask that you would unmask the enemy's deception over these people who are rebelling against you in doing this evil. Lord God, please stretch out Your mighty hand against their schemes and thwart their every move. Please draw each of them to salvation in Jesus Christ. Thank You Father. In Jesus Christ, Amen"
09. "Lord God almighty, You are the Lord of hosts, the Commander of the armies of heaven, the Most High God. I pray that you will thunder from heaven against the forces of darkness that are working in this situation. Lord, may you utter Your voice, sending hailstones and coals of fire into the enemy's camp. Lord, send out Your arrows and scatter the foe with lightnings in abundance. Vanquish Your enemies, O God and rebuke them with the blast of Your holy breath. To You alone be all glory, honor and praise forever. In Jesus Christ I pray, Amen." (based on Psalm 18:13-15)